Why You Should Wear Safety Glasses At Work

6 March 2023  |  Admin

Why You Should Wear Safety Glasses At Work

Why You Should Wear Safety Glasses At Work

Safety glasses are an important part of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment). In many workplaces, workers are required to wear safety glasses for certain tasks such as those involving fine particles, impact hazards, fumes, and similar dangers. You may wonder why they are so important if you have never had an eye injury yourself. The fact is that thousands of eye injuries occur at work in the UK each year. So why should you start wearing safety glasses? The following are a few of the reasons.

Eye injuries are common in the workplace

You may be surprised to hear that approximately 20,000 eye injuries occur in the workplace each year. According to the NHS, 60% of workers who received an injury at work were not wearing eye protection at the time. Additionally, the other 40% of workers were wearing the incorrect type of eye protection. This means either ill-fitting eye protection or eye protection that had been badly damaged.

In short, the risk of some sort of eye injury is high. If you wear the appropriate safety glasses to protect against different hazards, you could easily prevent any serious damage.

Safety glasses protect against a lot of hazards

Safety glasses can protect you against dust, fumes, impacts and more. For example, a machine you are using could fail and send shards of metal flying at your face. An irregularity in the wood you are cutting could cause sawdust to get in your eyes unexpectedly. Most of the eye injuries that could occur in the workplace are unpredictable and therefore, eye protection should be worn whilst performing any tasks that include any risk of injury.

Better sight

If you are doing any work with fine particles or opaque fumes, you will be able to see much more easily and comfortably with safety glasses. You can even get prescription safety glasses if you need corrective lenses.



If you are looking for safety glasses or safety eyewear after reading about the potential outcomes for not wearing eye protection while working,

to view our range of ear protection workwear



Thank you for visiting Total Workwear.
If you need any help or advice please contact us using the form below or email us at sales@totalworkwear.co.uk

Click Here to Contact Us


no quibble 30 days returns on workwear low prices on workwear no minimum quantities on workwear and work uniformsprint and embroidery service on workwear
contact us on 01522 712172
online help centre
Items: 0
Total: £0.00
view basket